Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Political Whore

Belinda Stronach has proven her political aspirations are just visions of personal leadership and not beliefs and conviction. Her defection today - May 17 - to the federal Liberals is akin to political prostitution. She would rather associate with schemers, liars, and crooks than be on the outside of government and decision-making power. I am flabbergasted, astounded, and disgusted at this action by Ms. Stronach. I am sure that her beau will be following her to the Big Red Machine soon enough.

I predict the government will not fall. Enough Maritime Conservative MPs have been pressured by the linkage of the Maritime Accords to the confidence-vote budget to add at least two or three votes for the government. Add Stronach, independent Kilgour (after getting his ill-prepared and ill-equipped troops into Darfur, Sudan), and the whole NDP caucus to the voting mix and the budget will pass with flying colours.

I do not know what the Liberals have to do to lose the confidence of the electorate. There has already been scandal after scandal, political interference, dirty money, and more third-world type controversies. I feel like banging my head against the Welcome to Ontario signs!

1 comment:

seismicdeath said...

Okay - I guess I was not totally correct in my prediction, as Peter MacKay is still a Conservative. I actually feel sorry for him.